Author’s Note: Look in the comments section to see my mother’s information on making a delicious glaze for the cake!
Since the Onyx Plate mentioned Orange Slices in the some of the comments on here earlier, I thought I would take the time to share this recipe that my mother makes.
- 1 pound orange slice candy, cut up
- 1 (8 ounce) package of dates, chopped
- 1 can of coconut
- 2 cups of pecans, chopped
- 1/2 cup of flour
- 2 sticks of butter
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 a cup of buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- 3 cups of plain flour
- 2 cups of sugar
What you do:
- Cream the butter.
- Gradually add the 2 cups of sugar to it, beating until fluffy.
- Add eggs alternately while beating.
- Add buttermilk, baking soda, and flour; blend well.
- Pour flour mixture over fruit mixture.
- Blend with spatula.
- Pour into a well-greased Bundt cake pan and bake for 1 HOUR 45 MINUTES at 300º.
- Cool, remove from pan.
Author’s Note: This recipe was originally submitted by one Lorell Murphy to the New Hinson Baptist Church Youth Group Cookbook.