Remember how I made a super delicious hash brown and chicken dish a few blogs ago?
I discovered the next day that I had a leftover hash brown.
Tears of joy welled in my eyes, for I had thought they were all consumed the previous night.
I decided to make a breakfast variety of the dish with my new found glory of a potato patty.
The result was a truly delicious breakfast concoction.
What you need:
- hash browns/potato patties
- an egg for each hash brown prepared
- 1 to 2 Tablespoons of ketchup
- 1/2 teaspoon of chili powder
- 1 to 2 teaspoons of cumin
- salt, pepper, and parsley to taste
What you do:
- prepare the hash browns as instructed on the packaging
- fry an egg for each hash brown
- combine the ketchup, chili powder, and cumin
- spread the ketchup mixture on the hash brown
- add the fried egg on top
- sprinkle with salt, pepper, and parsley
This can also be served on toast, which enriches the flavor a bit.
If you prefer a milder dish, you can skip the pepper and chili powder.
This recipe is very easy to make and is a great breakfast food, though I ended up having it around dinner time.
You could also layer things by sandwiching the egg between two hash browns and filling it with more ketchup or even cheese.