Caleb’s mom wanted salmon patties last night, so Maw-Maw went to making them.
What you need:
- 1 can of salmon
- 1 cup of water
- 3 scoops (1 1/2 cups or so) of corn meal
- oil for frying
What you do:
- Mix together salmon, water, and corn meal.
- Heat the oil in a skillet.
- Make the salmon into patties, setting them into the oil.
- Check patties to see if bottom is browned, then flip over to brown the other side.
- Allow the patties to dry on a paper towels to absorb excess grease.
Maw-Maw made a suggestion I had never tried last night- eating salmon patties with tomato juice, salt, and pepper. Tomato really sets off the cornmeal flavor in the salmon patties, so I would definitely heed her advice in the future.
Thanks again, Maw-Maw, for making these delicious salmon patties and letting me take pictures of them!