From time to time, my mystical friends and I gather together for great food and conversation. This past get-together yielded a fantastic set of recipes and treats, which I will now share with everyone here.
The recipes will not be posted in any particular order other than as I receive and blog them.
This recipe is for Broccoli Salad and comes from my friend Michele. She warned me of the presence of bacon in the salad, so I did not try any of it. However, Gigi loves Broccoli Salad, and so this recipe will be something for her to try.
What you need:
- 1 head broccoli
- 6 to 8 slices cooked bacon, crumbled
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1/2 cup raisins, optional
- 8 ounces sharp Cheddar, cut into very small chunks
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
What you do:
- Trim off the large leaves from the broccoli stem.
- Remove the tough stalk at the end and wash broccoli head thoroughly.
- Cut the head into flowerets and the stem into bite-size pieces.
- Place in a large bowl.
- Add the crumbled bacon, onion, raisins if using, and cheese.
- In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients, stirring well.
- Add to broccoli mixture and toss gently.
Also, I’m sure the Onyx Plate will be trying this recipe soon, because this is right up awesome little nook of life!
Naturally, I need to go pick one recipe of her many delicacies and say, “This, I shall make and review,” as she’s already been kind enough to review my tuna salad.
Also, Michele has put me up to a tuna salad challenge, so we’ll have to do that one night and blog about the results.
Happy eating, and carpe diem!