These little babies lingered for a time, but once everyone tasted the mushrooms, they disappeared within minutes. Mushrooms always remind me of Super Mario Bros. and playing Nintendo at my aunt’s house when I was kid.
Making stuffed mushrooms is going to be a fun thing for me to do in the near future, because I love mushrooms and the particular stuffing that went into these mushrooms. I only had the chance to eat one, but that’s because we all loved them so much!
Again, thanks to Michele for the fantastic recipes that we all enjoyed on our mystical get-together night!
What you need:
- 1/2 cup finely chopped green onion with tops
- 4 ounces feta cheese
- 2 ounces cream cheese
- 1 (10-ounce package) frozen chopped spinach
- 24 fresh mushrooms, stems removed
- Salt, to taste
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
What you do:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Wipe mushroom caps clean with a damp paper towel.
- Thaw spinach in a colander; squeeze out as much moisture as possible.
- In mixing bowl, combine all ingredients except mushrooms and parmesan cheese.
- Mix well. Fill mushroom caps with mixture and place on a cookie sheet.
- Sprinkle Parmesan cheese on top.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Serve warm.
If you’re a mushroom lover, you may want to double this recipe. You don’t understand how delectable and addictive they are until you take the first bite, and then it’s all over.
Happy eating, and carpe diem!