Easy and delicious, this strawberry pie is the perfect chilled dish to eat on a hot day.
What you need:
- 1 baked pie shell (as per directions on package) and cooled to room temp.
- 1/2 – 1 quart strawberries, hulled and sliced to size preference.
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup sugar
- 6 tsp. cornstarch
- 1 reg. size box strawberry jello.
What you do:
- Mix water, sugar, and cornstarch and cook over medium heat until thick or until it is clear.
- Remove from heat.
- Add strawberry jello and mix well.
- Let cool.
- When cool, pour jello mixture into piecrust and add strawberries.
- Top with whipped topping.
Sorry for the lack of pictures this time around; all the ones I took had an odd yellow tint to them, so I figured I’d rather you see how good they turn out.
Gigi tends to leave the strawberries large; you can try cutting them into tiny pieces or have varying sizes. This recipe can also be altered by adding different fruit instead of strawberries; for instance, kiwi would be a great addition to make a strawberry-kiwi pie.